Friday, August 24, 2012

Beach 2012

We try to do things as a family as much as possible and my husband loves to go to the beach.  We only make it to the ocean once or twice a year, but we make the most of it!  One of our favorite beaches is Rocky Neck State Park Beach on the south-east coast of CT.  It's smaller with almost no waves and is never crowded.  There is a hiking trail and rocks to climb on.  When our kids are a bit older, we may prefer a wilder beach, but this is perfect for us right now!
 
I managed to take lots of pictures during this beach trip.  So, I made some highlight layouts with my favorites: 
This layout is the kids and I out on the end of the rock barge.  I did it for the Twisted Pixels Template challenge at Gotta Pixel.  I used the Seaside Dreams kit by A+Designs

My hubbie and the kids :)
This one is for Oscraps June Template Challenge and I used Sue Cummings' One Perfect Day kit.
 
 But I still had a ton of great photos and a wonderful day to remember.  I knew I wouldn't be able to create an individual layout for each story or photo, so I planned a double page collage:



These are two separate templates from Kitty Designs, but used the same frame and had the same feel.  So, I planned it so the frames tapered off and even though they can stand alone, they work together.  I used the Duolicious collab by A+Designs and Dani Moy Designs, Some Beach.  The smaller frames and curled paper are from the template.
 
I was so impressed at how well the kids climbed the rocks.  Even my youngest is a little mountain goat!  They also enjoyed the water and swam quite a bit as well as made a huge hole in the sand ... I don't know what the appeal in that is, but they had fun!

Lots of great photos from a wonderful day!!!
 
I hope you like it!
 
*~*~*

No comments: