Sunday, May 8, 2011

Stationary Gift Set

Happy Mother's Day! I hope that mother's everywhere feel loved and special - you are! God bless you!!!




I wanted to share with you another one of the gifts I made for Mother's Day. (Just to give credit where credit is due, I got this idea from Heidi Swapp) This one is for my husband's Nana, who loves to correspond by mail.


It's a stationary set - all handmade and personalized!


I used the same Bo Bunny papers from one of my Mother's Day albums - Gabrielle. I had them printed at Staples and then attached them to an altered manilla folder (8" x 10 1/2").


I kept the pre-cut tab shapes that came with the manilla folder and added this little banner (all tabs/labels were printed on an extra manilla folder and inked with Tim Holtz walnut distress ink).



This is the stationary that I printed out. It's made using the digital papers and some digital stamps. There are a few date tags, some writing line and the words ... with love. They were sized 5 1/4" x 8" so that you can print two sheets on one sheet of cardstock. You could even make them double sided if you wanted to, but I didn't.

There are also some transparent butterfly accents. (same butterfly design printed on transparency paper and cut out - love it!)



Some personalized post cards - once again designed with the Bo Bunny papers, some digital stamps and some extra words and elements. I inked the edges and printed the classic postcard design on the back.A special spot for some stamps ... I added a Prima flower and some lace ...


All of the pockets were made by cutting up an extra manilla foler and (generally 4 3/4" wide, plus and 1/8" score mark on each side and a 1" tab for the back ... 7" total. The height varied depending on the contents. I printed on some of them and inked all the edges with special embellishments and a bit of ribbon.




This is the butterfly on the cover. I printed the same butterfly on cardstock and transparency and then layered them ... awesome detail and I love it!!!




I think it's a great little set. I would love to receive any one of these items in the mail and I hope she loves it.


I hope you like it, too and find it just as inspiring as I did!


*~*~*

No comments: