Sunday, September 2, 2007

Kevin's Accordian Album





I made this for Kevin for our 5th wedding anniversary.

I used Basic Grey Vagabond papers. They've just discontinued it, but I love it because it's so masculine, yet so full of possibilities. It's perfect for Kevin.

The card uses stamps from Close to my Heart. I came up with the heart pocket idea myself :)

There is one page for every year we've been together plus one intro page, one for the future and one for love notes :)
I wish you could see the details for every page. I put a lot of love into this project and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

This was my first attempt at an accordian style project. I wanted it to stand up on Kevin's desk at work. I attached the chipboard pages with hinges, but I only used one per fold. It wasn't as sturdy as it could be, so I've since redone it with two hinges on each fold (I should probably take new pictures - lol).

You may not be able to see it, but there is a hinged journaling block on most of the pages. I put a magnet on the last number of the year that holds the journaling block closed while it stands up. Behind the year I have hand-written the highlights from that respective year.

Anyway, honey, if you read this, I love you!

No comments: