Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas!

Can you believe it? There's only a week and one day until Christmas!!!
I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the lights, the sweets, the family time ... I love it! It never seems like there's enough time to accomplish what I'd like. I thought about doing a December Daily album but didn't have/take the time. I wanted to handmake more gifts (still working on that). I wanted to have a cleaner, neater house. Alas, we can't all have what we want. But, the important thing is that the family is happy and they are :) The kids are really getting into Christmas. It's a joy to watch them! My favorite new tradition is pointing out the Christmas lights when we drive after dark.

So, while I work on finishing up my Christmas gifts, I'll share something I've actually completed.
As I did last year, I created a year in review calendar.

It was once again really hard to choose only a few photos for each month. I also did a new design concept. I carried this same design theme over all 12 graphics with small variations. At first, I was concerned that it was too graphic and not unique or 'artsy' enough, but I got over that enough to continue.


I've decided to post 1-2 each day leading up to Christmas and hopefully post my other projects after they are given as gifts. I hope you enjoy the glimpse into my family's life over the last year and maybe you'll be inspired in some way :)

So, without further ado, here's January:

There are two versions. The second one here has a picture of my brother-in-law and his children with my hubby and kids that will be included in the calendars for my husband's family.
Credits: Ali Edwards for inspiration modified by me and made my own. Font is CK_Ali_Edwards. Background was obtained through sxc.com (Stock [photo] eXChange).

No comments: