Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Cards

Merry Christmas!!!

I love this time of year! Peace on Earth! Good will toward men! Family, friends, food, THE DECORATIONS! I love it :) But most of all, Jesus (the greatest gift of all) is the Reason for the Season :)

I always have a hard time choosing a photo for our card. I like to do a special Christmas-themed photo shoot. This year, with Kevin in Kuwait, it wasn't going to happen. I was really unsure of what to do, but finally decided that a multi-photo card was the way to go. That way, you're not putting all the significance on one photo.

I usually do 4x8 cards. It's easier and cheap and you get free envelopes. They don't make 4x6 envelopes.

But, I've decided this year to write our very first family newsletter. So much has happened in the past year and this is the simplest way to to get it all out there to our family and friends. So, since I'd be using letter envelopes, I figured I could get away with a 4x6 print.

This is my Christmas card (if you're on my mailing list, you can pretend to be surprised):




I immediately thought about my Christmas card when I saw Sue Cumming's 'Christmas Stamps #2' and that is the framework for my card. I cropped and edited the frames a bit. The snowflakes and elements are from Sue Cumming's '52 Inspirations 2008 Weeks 46 & 49'. The label and the alphas are from this year's HUGE Merry & Bright daily download kit.

I think it turned out pretty well. I hope you enjoy it!

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

*~*~*

1 comment:

Monique Liedtke said...

Hi Jessica!! Just wanted to say how wonderful your Xmas card looks!! Wishing you a very happy Christmas too!!!
Hugs!