Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ride On & Boys Will Be Boys

I'm sure you enjoyed looking at everybody's wonderful layouts in my last post and I do hope that you grabbed everybody's freebies as well as my own. If you didn't get the freebie, make sure you check out my last post!!!

I wanted to re-share my own layouts once again since this is my blog and I know that you might not have noticed my layouts in particular.

Wendy's kit was inspired by her brother who rides bulls in rodeos. That is awesome and sounds fascinating. I have never been to a rodeo and that particular inspiration could not literally translate for me. I also felt a pang of regret since I used my only horse photos just last week! But as I thought about it and just started searching through my photos, these ones of the kids riding their bikes last year jumped out of me. Who needs a literal translation. Inspiration struck! I also struggle with multiple photos ... especially multiple photos that tell a real story. For instance, I don't do a lot of birthday or even pages because how are you supposed to narrow hundreds of photos down and still tell the story? I don't know ... but this grid worked for me here :)

For the next one, I have a lot of photos of my youngest with this particular ball he would carry around him constantly for months! So, I decided to tell that story with this layout:


I have been thinking about how I've been complaining lately that all the kits are too girly and have flowers ... I LOVE flowers and use them frequently, but I'm glad I finally had an opportunity to tell some of those more masculine stories :)


I hope you like them!


*~*~*



No comments: