Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Looking forward to 2008? I am :) New baby, maybe a new house, new adventures - it's going to be good!

I've already made several resolutions - most of them involve cleaning and organizing our house ... some involve scrapbooking. I would like to finish at least one page a month. Justin is 3 1/2 and I haven't finished his baby book!

I made some Christmas gifts that I really liked, but in the distraction of the holiday season I didn't take any pictures. So, I hope those people enjoy them!

I hope everybody had a good Christmas holiday. We did! The calendars were a big hit :)

Does anybody know anything about photographing layouts? I've tried to photograph the pages of my son's baby book and just haven't had much success. The flash bounces off the photographs used. (Did anybody look at the pictures of my mom's hanging scrapbook? It's a perfect example) If you don't use the flash it looks dark and grainy and the colors never turn out right ... I would really appreciate any hints!

So, I'll start posting what I've done and work up to the newest ones. Maybe I can get a layout done a week or so ... maybe. I'd really like to finish his first year as soon as possible so I can move on to other family photos :)

This is the opening page of Justin's baby book. He was born July 26th, 2004.
I did this layout last summer with Moniqua. It's using random baby papers that I had from who knows where. I really liked the star background paper. I do know that the green paper is the Close to My Heart Cocoa Cafe collection because Moniqua let me use it.
I've earned that people are supposed to credit the manufacturers of the supplies, but I didn't take notes ... I'm still bad with that.

Anyway ... this starts my baby book series. Stay tuned for the next page. Same bat time. Same bat place. Same bat blog :)

No comments: