Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three Kids Family Layout

I try to take a picture of the three kids together every month. Sometimes it works better than others ...
This is March:


The best shot of Justin (who insists on making ridiculous faces for the camera) was the one where he's distracted and not looking. Even though every month turns out a decent photo or two, I purposefully haven't scrapped them all. This is only the second. I kind of want to do a comparison layout after a year ...

All the elements for this layout are from Taylor Made Designs Mere Modesty kit and add-on (from her spotlight at Oscraps).

I originally tried the 12x12 size, but couldn't do all the whitespace ... I could probably get used to it from a design standpoint, but it's so funny to show things to people and have them say, "There's so much unused space," "You could put more pictures here," or "It looks empty." Believe me, I've heard it.

I hope you enjoy!

*~*~*

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

It is stunning.
Please could you give links with your credits?
THat would make it easier for me to find it. I suppose I could do a google search but the internet can be very slow here...

Ella Swan said...

Haha! I know what you mean...I was also against the "waste of space" when I first started scrapping :-D It is a great idea though - to take a phot a month of them ALL TOGETHER - I probably do it anyway, juct from all the photos I take - but want to start doing it on a certain day now so thanks for the idea!