Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Honoring My Mom

I saw this awesome layout on Ali Edward's blog and thought I'd give it a try.

Guess which one is me :)

It took me a while to find an older photo of my mom. There aren't many of her with us ... but this one fit well enough. The colors were darker and bolder. I also didn't have a whole lot of paper to work with (most of my stuff is in storage), so I picked this one out (from Close to my Heart Let's Get Together).
I painted my own paper and made my own word art. Yes, I copied it word for word. Why mess with a good thing? Then I printed it out. I actually messed up and this isn't the piece of the paper I was going for ... but you work with what you've got :)
I cut the flower out from a coordinating CTMH patterned paper, put a Prima flower, CTMH button and string.
CTMH ribbon.
Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers in black and blue.
CTMH photo turns that I painted blue.
Making Memories brads.
Handwritten journaling as frame.
I plan to make a scalloped border on the top when I get my new punch in the mail!

I really do love my mom. She's a beautiful person and I thank God often for the example that she has set for me. She's an amazing grandmother as well. I just absolutely love my mom.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Jessica it's so touching to read (and see in your layout) your feelings toward your mother and how much you treasure her.