Friday, April 2, 2010

Vote for me!

So, I recently got an invitation to be featured at Blog Interviewer. To be honest, I think it was mainly an attempt to sell me something, but I took the time to answer the interview questions and wasn't parted with any of my money ...


Here is my interview:


What is your blog about?
Jessica’s Custom Creations (craftiejessie) is a blog about creativity, art and love. I am always looking for new things to do and creative ways to do them. I highlight my paper crafts, my fabric crafts, my photo crafts and my digital artwork. Almost everything I do is made from the heart for someone I love. I create little pieces of me to give to loved ones and to capture memories.

What do you do for a living?

I am a happily married, mother of three. I mostly stay at home where I homeschool my young chidren and work on the computer part time. I have been (and still dabble in) graphic arts, web design and media producing. This is my hobby and my passion and I try to make the time for it!

Why did you start blogging about this?

I started blogging about my creations as a way to share my ideas with others and to show them that they can do it too! When I started crafting, I drew such inspiration from others and marveled at this whole new world. I love discovering yet another way to make art! I want to be just a little inspiration to somebody else.

How long have you been blogging?
My blog has been around since September of 2007, but it is only the last two years or so that I have tried to update regularly and keep it current.

How many people visit your blog every day?
My webcounter says that I average 15 visitors per day … I hope so!

Does your blog generate income?
No, I do not generate an income from my blog nor do I want to. I want to be a free source of inspiration. My blog is for everybody and I don’t mind if they take my ideas because that means that they are creating!!!

Who would be interested in this blog?
Any creative person would be interested in my blog. A scrapbooker, a digital scrapbooker, an artist in paper, card-makers, graphic designers, grandmothers, daughters, young, old, male, female. I believe it’s for everyone. Even if you’re not in a creative field, you can be inspired by the stories of my family or the passion with which I do my work.

How long do you blog each day?
Maybe a half an hour. I try to update more than once a week and each post takes about 30 minutes to complete. However, if you consider the hours, upon hours, of time that I spend making my creations, I spend a lot of time working for and on my blog :)

Why should we subscribe to this blog?
You should subscribe to my blog because everybody needs to be inspired! Why wouldn’t you want to see what other people are doing in your field, or to discover a new field? I draw from my inspirations and share them with you! If you’re looking for ideas, or just want a pleasant place to stop by, you should subscribe to my blog!

What advice do you have for bloggers?
I think my advice would fall into two categories. The first would be technical and general: post often. Use pictures. Use descriptions. The second would be personal and creative: tell stories, be passionate, care about your subject and your audience.
But most of all, have fun!

*~*~*

No comments: