Friday, April 16, 2010

A Week in the Life

Do you follow Ali Edwards? I do. She's an amazing scrapbooker and an incredible source of inspiration for me. I loved her article in Creating Keepsakes magazine. I love her blog. She has such amazing projects. I've done several of them from felt booklets to layout ideas to digital design elements to ... you name it! I love the projects she does every Christmas, but I've never done one. Maybe next year!

I must say that since Kevin has been serving his country, I haven't been able to read her blog as avidly as I'd like, but I have recently been reminded of her brilliance. She is doing a project next week called 'A Week in the Life'. It's where you capture everything about a week in the life of your family. Pretty self-explanatory, right. It reminds me of the Christmas project that I love so much!
Now, I'm the sort of person that thinks something is a great idea and then takes forever to do it. I haven't scrapped my Christmas photos yet, let alone was I prepared for capturing my holiday memories in November ... but this is sort of what this is. You are prepared for a very intense experience which leads to capturing that specific time in your life in a real-time, real-life way. What you did and what you feel are captured as you do and feel them. It's not about looking back. It's about capturing it as it happens.

Why do I bring this up? Well, because I happen to (spoiler alert!) know that there are going to be some fabulous giveaways going on next week and I want you to be prepared! I wish I could tell you more than that, but you'll have to wait until Sunday ...

I would LOVE to do this project, but I haven't decided if I'm going to. School vacation is next week and there are a few other things which make it an abnormal week, so I wouldn't be able to capture a 'real' week. To be completely honest, I think I'll actually do it the week after (talk about waiting again) and just follow along with the discussions and ideas next week. I'll post all about it when it happens!

But I'll tell you all about the fabulous giveaways I'm involved in and you can check Ali's blog yourself as well!

Enjoy today! Are you excited? I am!

*~*~*

No comments: