Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bridal Shower Invitations

As promised, here are more details about the bridal shower projects (you may want to check previous posts for more information).

Once again, I can only put 5 photos in one post, so let me know if you have any questions as I'll be doing several posts instead of one long one. I also didn't take as many photos as I would have liked if I were to create a tutorial ... but it's too late to go back :)

We'll start off with the invitations.

First, I cut and 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of white cardstock in half making a 4 1/4 x 11" strip. I then scored at the 1" and 5" mark resulting in this tri-fold design:
Then, I scalloped the edges of the flap.

I printed out the text of the invite on bright colored cardstock and cut matching photo mats.

I had created this image of Beth and Ben by erasing the background from a photo, increasing the contrast and brightness and decreasing the saturation. I then layered several bubbly hearts in different colors and put the 'You are invited' text over it all with a drop shadow to make it pop. These were printed out at my local Walmart in 4x6 size and trimmed square.


We then set up a huge assembly line of bridesmaids with two of us stamping the white shells and the other two putting all of the pieces together, punching holes, cutting ribbon and tying them closed.

The end result:


Gorgeous custom invitations in bright, vibrant colors!

Products used: white cardstock, bright cs from Walmart, big scalloped scissors from Dollar Tree, CTMH ink in Watermelon, Bubblegum, Sunflower, Citrus Leaf, Ocean, Hydrangea and Sunny Yellow, CTMH acrylic stamps: Friendship Blessings, Autumn Leaves stamps: Swirls I, misc. ribbon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm using your shower invite layout as a template for my grandmother's 75th bday invitations!Thank You in advance :)