Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
On this slow and easy day (for us non-BlackFriday people), I thought I'd post my final wedding installment - the favors!
We made 96 - yes, ninety-six - of these mini squash books as favors for my sister's wedding. To reduce cost and stress, I tried to stream line the process as much as possible. However, it was still a lot of work.
First, I cut 288 6"x6" squares of white cardstock. These squares were then folded in quarters and then once diagonally. Three of these folded squares glued together form the inside of the squash book.
This is the finished product, but gives you an idea of what the inside is supposed to look like:
Then I cut up three stacks of DCWV Luxury cardstock papers. I needed 192 6"x6" squares for the covers. Then, I needed 384 2 3/4" squares and 1152 triangles (2 3/4" squares cut diagonally) for the inside.
So, my mom and I folded and glued the inside pieces, cut the paper, and glued cover papers on 192 pieces of cardboard.
Then came the part where we recruited lots and lots of help. We needed to glue the decorative papers to the inside of the squash books. I laid out 96 designs on tables (6 tables to be exact) and we set out gluing them. I'd like to thank all of those involved!
Hopefully, this next picture gives you a pretty good idea of what it was like. It took several evenings of gluing fun, but finally we were done!
After they were all glued, I cut 192 pieces of coordinating ribbon and attached them to the covers and the covers to the insides using glue dots and glue sticks. Lastly, cropping 96 photos, attaching them with photo corners (so guests can replace picture with one of their choice) ... and voila!
The end result was quite striking if I do say so myself :)