Saturday, November 8, 2008

Maine Layouts

I hope you enjoyed all the previous posts about the Bridal Shower. Make sure you check them all out.

But, now it's time to move on to new things ... I finished three scrapbook layouts! I actually started them over a month ago, but had to put them on hold because of the wedding.

They are of our recent family trip up to Maine to visit my in-laws. We always have a good time in Maine. The kids love visiting Nana and Papa. This year the mosquitoes ate us alive, but it was still fun. As the kids get older, it gets better and better because they learn to enjoy it for it's true beauty.

Once again, I wish I was better at taking pictures of my layouts. I know most of it is the lighting, but still ...

For these first two, I painted my own background mat. I'm not sure if I like it. The wet paint made the paper warp
The first one is a mix of lime green and white paint. I used Miss Elizabeth papers. I used Basic Grey chipboard monogram letters, but didn't want the bulk so I traced and cut them out on patterned paper. CTMH label and stars.

Same papers and idea for this layout. Painted background in bright blue paint on lime green cardstock. I inked the brown chipboard letters (yes, the bulk was acceptable this time) with CTMH chocolate ink. They are from Making Memories and Basic Grey. I painted the blue ones (the 't' has a painted lime green interior)

Nothin fancy here but a lot of squares. Patterned paper from Miss Elizabeth. Notice the moose on the left. Can't do a Maine layout without a moose. Metal 'togetherness' word from Making Memories.

I took over 100 pictures of this trip, so I tucked the pictures I didn't scrapbook into divided page protectors behind the layouts so that all the pictures are in one place. I'm trying to catch up with some things and I this is a start :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the painted layouts Jess-i think they came out great. Good inspiration!