Monday, March 9, 2009

My Little Flower

Here's a layout I did today ...

horrible picture, I know...

This was inspired by a challenge at Stampin' Scrap. You had to use summer colors, a critter, a tree, and somewhere there had to be at least 5 layers. I have three critters - two birds and a butterfly. The birds are on trees. The butterfly jewel is on a flower. I have at least five layers in two places with the flower clusters (as long as you count the paper and flowers).

I was going for a look that I've seen a lot with the block of photos. But, I realized that my patterned paper was too much for the photos. So, my original plan of putting it behind them wasn't going to work. So, I painted a background and used very little patterned paper at the bottom.
After I had painted it, I realized how MUCH white space there was without a paper block background. I felt it was too late to change it to a one page layout because I'd already painted the paper and put a rub-on on when I thought of it. Oh, well ...
So, I tried to fill in the empty spots and I feel like I tried a little too hard. I love the white space layouts that other people do, but just couldn't leave it empty myself.

Most of the products are from My Mind's Eye - the PP, the paper flowers, the tag, the label, words, the frame, and the rubons. Chipboard letters are from CK KOTM and inked in CTMH chocolate and then topped with CTMH Liquid Glass. The red metal letters are from Pressed Petals Scrap Metal. Yellow flowers are from Petaloo. Fabric brad from K&Co. Jewel brad from Craft Essentials by Joann's. Misc. buttons and jewel bling. Hand drawn border - intentionally messy to try and draw it in. I also threaded all the buttons - a detail I don't usually do.

I hope you like it!

*~*~*

No comments: