Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Paper Bag Albums

The final installment in my paper bag album series is a bit early ... I was just so excited to share!!!

This is actually one of the first things I made in my venture into paper crafting. It's a gift for my sister and it still has a place of honor on her shelves.

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I asked her to give me some of her favorite Scripture verses. She gave me a TON because she doesn't really have a favorite - they're all so good :) I did narrow it down a bit, but there were more pages than I thought there would be at first ...


I tried printing out the Scriptures on vellum. It smeared. So, I printed them out on normal paper and the photocopied onto vellum. This seemed to work beautifully - I don't know why.

I then cut pieces of Basic Grey Sublime and Motifica paper (my first BG paper pad was a double sided slab of goodness!). The vellum went on top and each page was embellished. It was a little different because the text took up so much of the design space.






















Looking back on it, I really put a LOT of time and effort into this. I don't mess with eyelets anymore and pre-done embellishments have rather spoiled me. I did a lot of little things to make this special. This album really defines 'hand-made' for me. I put hours of work into it!

I know it's not incredibly complicated, nor does it have any ground breaking techniques. However, I did pretty well with what I had and I'm proud of it. I don't think I could have done much better if I did it again today. It would be different, but not BETTER.

I hope you enjoyed looking at it!

*~*~*

No comments: